Terms and Conditions
2. The Sites and their content are subject to copyright, and other intellectual property rights. These rights are owned by Zen Imports Pty Ltd (ABN 62-002-764-552) Trading as Opinel Australia, or in the case of some material, a third party, where the third party has provided permission to use the content.
3. You must not otherwise reproduce, transmit (including broadcast), communicate, adapt, distribute, sell, modify or publish or otherwise use any of the material on a Site, including audio and video excerpts, except as permitted by statute or with our prior consent.
4. Our Sites include registered trademarks and other marks that are otherwise protected by law. You may not use our trademarks without our consent or any third party’s trademarks without their consent.
5. The Site may contain links to third-party sites. The links are provided solely for your convenience and do not indicate, expressly or impliedly, any endorsement by us of the sites or the information, products or services provided at those sites. You access those sites and use the information, products, and services made available at those sites at your own risk.
6. Many of the products and services offered for sale or advertised and much of the information provided via the Site are the products, services, and information of third parties. These third-party products, services, and information are not necessarily provided or delivered by Opinel Australia. Further, we may receive fees or commissions from third parties for products or services displayed or made available on the Sites or accessible through a link on the Sites. You acknowledge and consent to us receiving such fees.
7. Where a product has been listed at the incorrect price, prior to being available (out of stock), or with incorrect descriptive information or image due to typographical error or similar oversight, we reserve the right to cancel a transaction. Where your credit card has been charged, we will immediately refund your credit card for the total amount debited.
8. For Media enquiries, please contact our customer service team at support@Opinel.com.au
USE OF SITES:
9. You must not misuse this Site and only use it for lawful purposes. You will not use the Sites (including any of Opinel Australia’s social media sites) for any activities, or post or transmit to or via the Sites any information or materials, which:
a. Breaches any laws or regulations, infringes a third party’s rights or privacy, or which are contrary to any applicable standards or codes
b. interferes with other users, or defames, harasses, threatens, bullies, or offends any person, or which inhibits any other user from using the Sites
c. is obscene, indecent, discriminatory, inflammatory or pornographic or which could give rise to civil or criminal proceedings
d. commits or encourages a criminal offense, transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm or post any other material which is malicious and technologically harmful
e. that hacks or disables any part of the Site to corrupt data, cause annoyance to other users, send any spam, unsolicited advertising or promotional material, or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any technology of or accessed through this Site
f. provide false information when registering or changing your registration details.
10. Opinel Australia will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any Site linked to it.
11. Opinel Australia uses a number of social media sites (e.g. Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest); but these may change over time. We reserve the right to cease any such sites in our discretion. Our own Sites may also include social media functions, including user reviews, ratings, forums, and the ability to interact with other users
13. Opinel Australia does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with any comments, opinions or statements posted by any users or members on Sites or Opinel Australia’s social media sites. Any information or material placed online by users, including advice or opinions, is the view and responsibility of those users and does not necessarily represent our views
14. Users must not post or upload any comment, content or link to the Sites or Opinel Australia’s social media sites which do not comply with these Terms, including if it is defamatory, harassing, bullying, indecent or inflammatory
15. Opinel Australia may moderate user-posted content and may remove any content that, in Opinel Australia’s opinion, is inappropriate. While we review content regularly, there may be times when inappropriate or content is viewable before it can be removed
16. Opinel Australia does not undertake to inform users when such content has been moderated or removed. Opinel Australia may provide warnings, or otherwise block or suspend users or their accounts in our sole discretion
17. Where you post or submit content to a Site, you warrant that you:
b. have the right to submit the content (including copyright); the content is your own original creation; and that you unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission which might infringe any moral rights you may have in the content (as defined in the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth));
c. Opinel Australia may copy, reproduce, publish, display, alter, or distort user-submitted content, and use it for any purpose, (including without limitation, any future promotions or campaigns involving Opinel Australia) at any time in the future, and via any media;
20. Opinel Australia makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied as to the operation of our Sites or the information, content, materials or products included on our Sites, except as otherwise provided under applicable laws.
21. Neither Opinel Australia, nor its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, successors or assigns will be liable for any damages arising out of, or in relation to, the use of our Sites or sites linked to our Sites. This limitation applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages suffers, as well as damages for loss of profits, business interruption or the loss of data or information.
22. You assume all risk of use of all features of a Site. You release Opinel Australia of all responsibility for any consequences of their use. We reserve the right to cancel, at any time before delivery and for whatever reason, an order that it has previously accepted.
23. By continuing to access our Sites you agree that your access to, and use of, them is subject to these terms and all applicable laws, and is at your own risk.
24. Our Sites and their contents are provided to you on “as is” basis; our Sites may contain errors and inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. We cannot guarantee our Sites will always be available or fault- or virus- free.
UPDATES & TERMINATION:
25. Opinel Australia may vary these Terms at any time. By continuing to use the Sites you consent to any variations. It is your responsibility to regularly check these Terms for any variations.
26. At any time, we may, in our sole discretion, suspend or terminate the access to the Sites for any user without notice for any reason, including but not limited to a breach of these Terms. Suspension or termination shall not affect either party’s rights or liabilities.
27. Opinel Australia may disclose any information we may have about a user in relation to an investigation or allegation that your use of the Sites breaches these Terms or any applicable laws.
28. Opinel Australia may identify or bring legal action against any person who is or may be breaching these Terms, including obtaining injunctive relief.
29. These Terms and the Sites are governed by and construed in accordance with the State of New South Wales, Australia. If a dispute arises from these Terms, you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia, except in relation to an application for any injunctive relief sought by Opinel Australia.
30. The Sites may be accessed in Australia and overseas. We make no representations that the Sites comply with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access the Sites from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in the place where you access the Sites.
31. You consent to us (Zen Imports Pty Ltd ABN 62002764552) marketing our goods and services, and the goods and services offered by other members of our Corporate Group to you, including through electronic means such as email, instant messaging and SMS/MMS.
33. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by contacting us at support@Opinel.com.au
Mobile Terms of Service
Last updated: March 1, 2023
The Opinel Australia mobile message service (the "Service") is operated by Opinel Australia (“Opinel Australia”, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to Opinel Australia’s SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of Opinel Australia through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with Opinel Australia. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to Opinel or click the unsubscribe link (where available) in any text message to cancel. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other Opinel Australia mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms.
For Service support or assistance, text HELP to Opinel or email email@example.com.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
We respect your right to privacy. To see how we collect and use your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.